30 cm U Staples
Biodegradable pre-sown textile for laying lawns
Biodegradable textile in cellulose fibre, pre sown in its own weft with seeds and fertiliser equally distributed and in appropriate quantities. TENAX Vegetative Pre-sown Felt is the result of new technological conceptions developed in the textile field and applied to agronomical research in collaboration with the Agricultural Faculty and the Geophysical Department of the University of Padova.
The TENAX Vegetative Pre-sown Felts are conceived and designed
for making the sowing of lawns easier and more effective. This
product has natural origins and is 100% biodegradable over a
period between 3 and 5 months, depending on the characteristics of
the land and on the climatic and environmental conditions.
Compared to the traditional lawn sowing method, it is no longer
necessary to spread the seeds in a calibrated and homogenous way
as the TENAX textiles contain the right amount of seeds as well as the
correct quantity and quality of fertiliser for the preliminary growth of
The seeds are contained and protected by the product weft,
providing excellent protection against birds and insects; furthermore
the weft firmly keeps the seeds and fertiliser inside even under the
worst possible atmospheric conditions, and hinders the widespread
growth of weeds.
The mixture of seeds contained in the TENAX textiles are for specific
use in sowing grassed parking areas and driveways (TENAX Carriage
Lawn Felt) and on sloping land (TENAX Slope Felt); while the grass grows,
the textile stops the erosion of the ground, acting as a protective film.
The seeds are of the highest quality, with an excellent capacity of
covering the entire areas and guaranteeing excellent results with
regard to aesthetics.
The sowing and growth of the lawn takes place according to the
specific type of species; the grass can then be cut regularly.
• Carriage Lawn Felt
A textile for specific use in grassed parking areas and driveways or lawns used by a high number of pedestrians.
• Slope Felt
A textile for specific use on sloping surfaces.
• 100% biodegradable
• Makes the laying of lawns easy and efficient
• Contains a correct amount of seeds
• Contains fertilisers
• Hinders the growth of weeds
• Good mulching effect
• Resistant to atmospheric agents
• Excellent aesthetical impact
|TENAX FVP LAWN FELT
|TENAX FVP SLOPE FELT
The details supplied herein are provided for information purposes only and are based on experience acquired by TENAX with regards to products and their applications. TENAX will therefore not be held responsible for any inaccuracies. Information and suggestions provided are subject to change in the event of modifications to test and/or production procedures.
1) Prepare the soil as you would do for traditional sowing: eliminate grass, roots and stones, turn the surface earth over, break up the larger particles and level.
2) Spread TENAX Vegetative Pre-sown Felt laying it on one of the two sides. The edge of the textile can easily be shaped around plants or other obstacles with scissors.
3) Moisten the textile ensuring it fully adheres to the soil. If subject to strong winds or applied to slopes, the product should be fixed down with turf, stones or stakes, depending on the conditions.
4) Water daily with an abundant quantity of water (twice a day, morning and evening, during the hot season and depending on the humidity in the other seasons) for the first 30-40 days until the lawn is completely settled.
5) Once settling has been completed, water the lawn twice a week and use normal lawn treatments. We recommend the first cutting to a height of no less than 10 cm and subsequent cuttings to a height of 4 5 cm.
6) TENAX Vegetative Pre-sown Felt prevents the growing of weeds and contains the correct quantity of fertiliser for initial lawn growth, providing fine mulching action. The lawn does not require additional treatment over the various seasons, except for cutting.
Seeds mix- TENAX CARRIAGE LAWN FELT
15% Lolium perenne
70% Festuca Arundinacea
15% Festuca rubra rubra
Seeds mix- TENAX SLOPE FELT
For early Spring/Autumn sowing
40% Festuca ovina duriuscola
25% Festuca arundinacea
10% Lolium perenne
5% Trifolium pratensis
For late Spring/Summer sowing
40% Festuca arundinacea
25% Festuca ovina duriuscola
20% Lolium perenne
10% Festuca rubra rubra
5% Trifolium pratensis